INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recently Imported  (Read 1219 times)

Bryan

• World Citizen
Recently Imported
« on: April 16, 2002, 02:14:35 pm »

Can the recently imported playlist be moved to another location, nested under another tree for instance, and still function properly ?

Bryan

Bryan

• World Citizen
RE:Recently Imported
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2002, 12:57:23 pm »

Some additional questions related to the default playlists that I would like to get answers to, or request if currently not available.

Would it be possible to change the product so that users can delete the "Top Hits" and "Recently Played" lists?   I don't use them so they're just cluttering up my playlist tree.   I like to nest my playlists into groups and I really want to see only top level groups when I expand the playlists tree.

Also, I'm still seeing Smartlists in the playlist tab in file properties...  Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks
Bryan

Bryan

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2002, 06:20:19 pm »

Bump 2

Here's one of my earlier questions that didn't get noticed..  

1) Recently Imported - Can I move it and it still function properly or is it required to be in the root of the playlists tree?

2) Smartlists still showing up in File properties.  Happens on all installs of MJ regardless of which database I use.  This doesn't appear to be build specific.

Thanks
Bryan

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2002, 05:51:50 am »

Hello Bryan,

I don't have the answers for all your questions but I felt sorry seeing you
bumping all by yourself Next Page

1/ Recently imported : I don't think you can move it from the Media Library root. But if
I remember well if you empty it it will not show.

2/ Top Hits / Recently Played : I think it's the same, you can't move them and they always show
but I don't find they really clutter the playlist view. You can always setup your own folder
for "your playlists" at the same level as Top hits and set it up in a clean way.

3/ Smartlists : sorry I don't have MJ8 handy at the moment, I'll check that.

Have a good day.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Bryan

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2002, 01:21:37 pm »

For those who are interested..    I finally broke down and tested this myself..  If you delete "Recently Imported", the next time you import it will be recreated..   So moving it has no effect at all.

JRiver, I'm still seeing smartlists in the file properties.    I thought they weren't supposed to show up since you can't really do anything with them in that view anyway..  Is this correct?  Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Bryan

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2002, 03:36:06 pm »

Geez Bryan, where have I been?  Sorry...

Anyway, you can't move "Recently Imported" right now.  The best you can do is move the files into another playlist.  Media Jukebox 9.0 maybe?

And smartlists shouldn't show up in File Properties.  (and they don't for me)  I'll dig tomorrow.  If it isn't a hassle, emailing a screenshot to matt@jriver.com might help.

Thanks Bryan.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2002, 02:11:11 am »

Bryan, Matt,

About Smartlists showing in File Properties, it appears that only Smartlist within
a Playlist Group will are showing. Smartlists at the root of Playlist don't.
(MJ 8.0.257)
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)
Pages: [1]   Go Up