INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem adding songs (resp. folders) to Playing Now  (Read 1108 times)

zzeitg

• Recent member
Problem adding songs (resp. folders) to Playing Now
« on: November 17, 2012, 03:57:29 am »

Hi there,
I've recently bought and installed JRiver Media Center 18.

There's one problem I'm fighting with now.  When (in Windows 8, explorer) I'm adding album folders to Playing Now, the songs are not queued based on tracknumber.
As I always play whole albums, this is very annoying.

If I click the "Track#" column header after adding of first album (arrow appears) and then add another album, it is added properly. However, then the arrow moves to "Seq" header automatically and next album's songs are mish-mashed again.

Is there a way how to force MediaCenter to add albums always based on songs' Track#?

(songs are tagged, file names always 01-xxx; 02-xxx, etc..)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem adding songs (resp. folders) to Playing Now
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 06:01:26 am »

Welcome to the forums.

Why don't you import your music and choose what to play from within MC? That way the play order is how you see them (with shuffle disabled).

When you're dragging them from Explorer I think the order is determined by Explorer and not MC. Drag and drop for copy/move action also seems in a random order; the sort order in your Explorer view has no influence on how Windows copies/moves files and I suppose the same counts when you drag them to MC.

zzeitg

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 08:40:05 am »

Well, I'm working on that. My music library is almost 1TB, so it takes some time.

So far I'm using the Win shell integration, as I was used to until now in Foobar. No idea why, but there I had never any problem with track order.

Anyway it seems me as a simple task, to add music album to playing now, while ordering the tracks based on Track#. Maybe there's something wrong somewhere in the settings, but so far I did not find such option in the menu.  ?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 09:36:46 am »

Different programs behave differently 8).

But I agree it does seem logical to sort by track # if shuffle is disabled and tracks are added via drag and drop. Maybe you can request it as a new feature.

zzeitg

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 12:02:29 pm »

So it seems I found a solution. I've set ordering based on Track# (1) and Album (2) and saved this as Preset.  Now when adding albums, tracks are ordered properly (no matter that the arrow appears again in "Seq" header column).

I'll have to play with it for a while to check everything is ok, but so far it seems positive  ;D

EDIT: So bad luck, it seems to work fine but until JRiver restart only.  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up