INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Control4 Driver is in the making..  (Read 1810 times)

wappinghigh

• Recent member
A Control4 Driver is in the making..
« on: November 18, 2012, 02:40:49 am »

Hi All.

I am a newbie to JRiver. But not the the principle of a great computer audiophile standard media library solution.

From my point of view what's holding me back on this great library is a lack of control within my Control4 environment

Over at c4forums.com a few of us have been lobbying 3rd party software designers who are familiar with Control4, to write a Control4 driver

Trust me. It's taken months of lobbying. It's been real hard to convince a bunch on basically A-V (with the emphasis of "V") guy's of the merits of JRiver

Why? Well I have no idea. Suffice to say old habits die hard I guess.

Anyway, we have finally got a well known Control4 software engineer to agree to write a driver.

We just need a couple more people to agree to cough up $50 to make this happen. The company concerned: Diamond Design Home Automation will write the driver if we can get together a commit of $1K ie 20x$50

So can anyone who happens to have a Control4 setup login to C4forums.com and register their interest in the driver. Here is a link to the relevant thread.

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=13733

Or maybe the team at JRiver can see the merit in all this and donate a small sum, or contact James at Diamond Design  to make this happen.  :)

The dedicated JRiver nut cases within C4forums  all believe a combo of JRiver and Control4 is a marriage made in heaven. Why?

Well Control4's own media library and audio handling is so terrible. And JRiver could do with easy integration into one of the fastest growing home automation platforms out there..

So can you all throw your support behind this? !!

Cheers everyone and thanks for listening

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: A Control4 Driver is in the making..
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 03:08:53 am »

don't have a need just yet as house renovation is a little far away but i am confident i will.  hopefully it will happen.  would be a good way for driver to snag more marketshare
Pages: [1]   Go Up