INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: madVR Settings for TV (Solved)  (Read 3902 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
madVR Settings for TV (Solved)
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:31:52 pm »

I have recently upgraded two of my PCs to i5 processors with D4000 graphics.  I assumed, as this is a reasonably powerful CPU/GPU combination, Red October HQ would run fine.  For movies it does but for TV I am struggling to get a good setup.  HD TV in the UK is a strange size so there is some upscaling to be done.  For image upscaling, any of the custom pixel shader options cause significant frame drops.  I have to use the GPU texture units options. Is anyone else in PAL land seeing this?  Is it an Intel graphics issue?  I don't get it on my HTPC with the NVIDIA card.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: madVR Settings for TV
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 02:59:46 am »

This problem is now solved.  It was caused by cropping being switched on in the TV Settings.  With this turned off, it now works fine.

Thanks to SBR for the pointer.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Re: madVR Settings for TV (Solved)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 10:12:15 pm »

I had this problem - not quite enough GPU power to use MadVR for Live TV. Maybe I'll try this. But, isn't there a consequence to not cropping TV - like, get noise at the top of the picture?
Pages: [1]   Go Up