INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 8 and MC18 - HDMI audio problems  (Read 1277 times)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Windows 8 and MC18 - HDMI audio problems
« on: November 20, 2012, 03:09:11 pm »

I'm fairly confident this isn't an MC problem, but I installed Windows8 on my HTPC and now cannot play my MKVs with DTS, DTS-HD or TrueHD.... or DD5.1 for that matter.  If anyone has experienced same using ATI card... I have an HD 6450... I'd appreciate any help in troubleshooting.  My setup is latest MC18... WASAPI Event.... Bitstreaming HDMI.  My playback device is set the AMD HDMI.  I don't believe I made any changes to DSP, other than to identify playback device as the HDMI.  MP3s will play, however the subject videos give me the "Playback could not be started on the selected output.... audio format may not be supported by your hardware, etc." error.

I know the problem isn't on the receiver end because I restored my Windows 7 image and everything plays fine.  So the identical setup for MC18 works in Win7, but not Win8... which leads me to believe its maybe the win8 driver for the video card.  I haven't found much on the subject via web searches so I thought I'd ask here.  I can easily go back to win7... but you know... now I need really want to know why Win8 won't work.

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows 8 and MC18 - HDMI audio problems
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:52:19 pm »

Make sure you grab all the extra bits for the ATI card.  They tend to break out some of the codecs and stuff like that into separate downloads.  Not saying that has anything to do with it but you should check.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Windows 8 and MC18 - HDMI audio problems
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:02:28 pm »

Windows 8 chatter appears to indicate there are issues with HD audio bitstreaming using the ATI drivers that Windows 8 downloads.    I've tried latest ATI drivers and Catalyst from the AMD site (Win8) without success.  Also tried the Realtek HD driver for WIn8 as was suggested in another forum.  I am curious if anyone here is bitstreaming with an ATI card on Windows 8.  If not, I'll forget Windows 8 for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up