INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Recently Imported" smart list contains entries within the conversion cache  (Read 1555 times)

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello,

I am again "playing" with direct addition of FLAC files to MC now that the issues with conversion to ALAC and the iPod classic are solved.
I noticed that the "Recently Imported" smart list is populated with both the original files (FLAC in this case) and those into the conversion cache (ALAC in this case). Is this the expected/wanted behaviour? I think that those within the conversion cache should be hidden, because they are only "support" files and they should never be directly manipulated from within MC.
I know this is not a serious issue, but I very often work directly onto that smart list and I immediately noticed that.
The files are only added after synchronization with the iPod, they are not shown before.

I also observed some kind of "disalignment" between a FLAC and a ALAC file: I removed the rating from the already rated FLAC files of the same album, I resynchronized the iPod, but one of the corresponding ALAC files within the cache retained the rating; I then removed the rating from the ALAC file and I noticed that upon rechecking synchronization of the library with the iPod no changes were to be made. Anyway, the ALAC file actually transferred to the iPod has the rating correctly removed, that's good.

Regards
Fabrizio

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

If the conversion cache files are showing up in the main library, it suggests to me that the stacks have become 'expanded'.

Try selecting an audio only, panes view in the tree, enter ~d=a into the search bar, select all files in the list, right click, Stacks>Collapse stacks.

When stacks are tagged, if the stack is expanded, tag changes will not propagate throughout the stack, which reads as though this is what you are experiencing. Once collapsed, tag changes should be passed on to other stack member files.

-marko

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck

If the conversion cache files are showing up in the main library, it suggests to me that the stacks have become 'expanded'.

Try selecting an audio only, panes view in the tree, enter ~d=a into the search bar, select all files in the list, right click, Stacks>Collapse stacks.

When stacks are tagged, if the stack is expanded, tag changes will not propagate throughout the stack, which reads as though this is what you are experiencing. Once collapsed, tag changes should be passed on to other stack member files.

-marko

Hello,

well, I admit I don't "get" at all the stacks concept, at least in the context I am referring to (keeping together the original file and the converted one).
Now my ideas are even more confused; after insertion of the filter, I see something like this for each song:

- Entry with original path
- Entry with iPod_Control path
- Yet another entry with iPod_Control path???

This suggests me that the connection between a file and where it is stored is managed internally using stacks.

The problem is that after selecting all entries I cannot choose to Collapse Stacks, the option is disabled.

What should I do?

Regards
Fabrizio

chiptech

• Recent member

just discovered the conversion cache that jriver set up in my music folder unbeknowst to me.  what exactly is its purpose?  Also, i rip my CD's to FLAC, but all the files in the cache are good old MP3 file formats?  Does that matter?  Curious mind's want to know.  And thanks.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

... what exactly is its purpose?  Also, i rip my CD's to FLAC, but all the files in the cache are good old MP3 file formats?  Does that matter?  Curious mind's want to know.  And thanks.

The conversion cache is used by:

- Handheld Sync engine
  - Media Network ({Web}Gizmo, DLNA, Library Server)
  - Conversion engine (not sure here)
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up