INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new router - Media Center can't find Majik streamer any more  (Read 1358 times)

peter wijn

• Recent member
new router - Media Center can't find Majik streamer any more
« on: November 22, 2012, 06:38:34 am »

Hi there,

Great possibilities with this software - I like the database so much, I bought it about a month ago, all my music is on it now.

I use a Linn Majik, and stream the music through Media Center from a NAS to Majik to play. (I fear the music is still going through my computer - so twice through the ethernet cable -, since shutting down the computer makes the music stop. Solving this would be a different question).
Well, this worked fine from the moment I plugged in the Majik: plugging was playing with JRiver Media Center.

20-11-2012 I had to install a new router ("Experiabox" delivered by KPN, The Netherlands - for telephone, internet connection and streaming TV-channels). After installation everything seems to work fine, but for one rather major thing:
Media Center doesn't recognise the Majik as a player any more, it is not among the players.
The Media Center is still capable of finding and playing music from the NAS through the computer itself (auwch, that is very bad for even just slightly sensible ears :) )
Also, I am still able to play the music from the NAS to the Majik through Kinsky (Linn's own application).

I have tried shutting down and restart computer and player, but have no clue as to how to I can make JRiver Media Center make to contact this player.

I added a zipfile

thanks for your suggestions, I will post a solution when found.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: new router - Media Center can't find Majik streamer any more
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 06:45:01 am »

It sounds like a network issue.  Take a look at the topic called "Network Access" on our wiki.

peter wijn

• Recent member
Re: new router - Media Center can't find Majik streamer any more
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 07:30:23 am »

thank you very much

I was able to set the firewall to trust the new network, and the problem is solved.

(I do not understand why this affected only the Majik, not the NAS, and only Media Center, not Kinsky. However, happily I don't need to understand :) )
Pages: [1]   Go Up