INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need support on handheld file conversion during synch--RESOLVED  (Read 847 times)

bannonb

• Junior Woodchuck
Need support on handheld file conversion during synch--RESOLVED
« on: November 29, 2012, 04:01:07 pm »

I am starting this as a new thread since my week old post is too long and rambling.  This is an attempt to make the problem clear.
Previous thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75868.0
----------------------------------
The Use Case:
Using Drives and Devices, I setup a virtual device (a directory) so I can convert my flac files to mp3s for ipod usage.

I have set the tools-options-encoding parameters to show mp3-variable-extreme (approximately 256kbps bitrate).  When I do a right-click convert file, it works great!

The Problem:
I have set the handheld device options to convert to mp3 using variable-extreme.  When I do a synch, every file shows that it was encoded with variable-high quality portable (which is about 150kbps).  In fact, no matter what I put on that dialog screen, the files that are synched to my "handheld" are this low res encoding.

I upgraded from MC17 to MC18 to troubleshoot this in the current version.  I am happy to do tests if the developers suggest it.  If there is a workaround, I would try that.  The right-click menu "convert file" command converts the files, but doesn't create the directory structure from what I have seen.

If anyone has hints, I will review them.  I need a way to get my large flac files into a format that my ipod will play.

on-point help is appreciated and heeded.

Thanks.

BannonB

OK, Rather than continuing to let this thread grow, I'll cut it off with the solution here:  I completely uninstalled MC17 and MC18 (current) and reinstalled MC18, reapplied all my views and customizations and the handheld synch works!!!  A bit of a headache, but somehow my install was corrupted I guess.  Sorry to all for the extra harrassment.
------
BannonB
Pages: [1]   Go Up