INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash Report: in Theater View, recording on pause, suddenly MC crashes/freezes  (Read 767 times)

Grenache

• World Citizen

I don't want to bother you with too many logfiles, but this time it's a different kind of crash, so you might find something new. In fact it's a combination of a crash and a freeze :) that I haven't experienced before.

I was watching a recorded TV show in Theater View and had it paused for about 10 minutes. Then, without doing anything, MC crashes and I get a dialog box saying "MC stopped working". I click "OK", but then I see there's still an outline/silhouette of Theater View on the screen. When I click on the silhouette, it goes white and I get the spinning Windows pause symbol. I wait and wait and finally have to go to the task manager to shut it down. Here the MC 18 entry says "Doesn't respond". That's why I call it a partial freeze.

When I restart MC I get the usual MC dialog box saying "Incomplete Shutdown Detected".

Logfiles send to logs at jriver dot com.

PS: To answer the standard questions I list my setup below. However, this crash wasn't related to my client/server setup. It happened on my main PC, and the client wasn't in use.

Setup:
Main PC (Library Server): MC 18.0.78
Client: MC 18.0.78
Windows 8
Intel i7 - 3.40 GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
All drivers up to date
Pages: [1]   Go Up