INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Key" for mouse button in MCC - custom resource.xml ?  (Read 1279 times)

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
"Key" for mouse button in MCC - custom resource.xml ?
« on: December 05, 2012, 08:38:55 pm »

After many years of using Home Theater PCs with remotes and keyboards, I've found the fastest and most flexible system - for me - is a Logitech Wireless Mouse.

So, I did some reading on the site, and found that I could define Global keyboard shortcuts using MCC in a custom  resource.xml .

In order to use that with the mouse, all I would need is the correct values for the KEY parameter for mouse clicks.  I assume that "Left" and "Right" are currently assigned to arrow keys.   Are there any KEY values for mouse buttons ?    Even just "Center" would be a help, as I could assign that to "Play/Pause" MCC to use when the phone rings.

Thanks !

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: "Key" for mouse button in MCC - custom resource.xml ?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:40:29 pm »

You'll have to use third-party mouse software if you want global mouse shortcuts or gestures.

Look at 'Command Line' in the wiki to see how to control Media Center from the third-party tool.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: "Key" for mouse button in MCC - custom resource.xml ?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 01:01:41 am »

Okay, so I made myself finally install the Logitech Setpoint mouse software :D and it allows the middle button to do a key sequence, and I had it do Space, which pauses videos.   That's sufficient for the moment (it makes it equivalent functionality to some players that allow the left click to pause a video).

(I always like to mention the solution, in order to help out later readers.)

By the way, the video playback with EVR and DXVA is quite good, even with 25fps material (not an even multiple on my 240hz HD TV, so it was good to the lack of juddering).
Pages: [1]   Go Up