INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New How to converted FLAC files to Mp3/Mp4 files for playback on phone/Mp3  (Read 1818 times)

blacksquirrel

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to Media center world.

Hi have rip my CD collection to MC18 with FLAC. How do I then convert the files to Mp3/Mp4 file format to send to phone or Mp3/Mp4 players? Can not see how to do it, tried finding anything in Help, no use.

Thanks in advance for any useful advice

Blacksquirrel :) :D 8)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New How to converted FLAC files to Mp3/Mp4 files for playback on phone/Mp3
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 09:14:17 am »

Simply highlight a group of files (like a whole album) or single tracks and right click. From the manu that appears - select Library Tools->Convert Format.

Tip: Before you do this - you might take a trip up to Tools->Options->Encoding and check out that area - where you can set encoding defaults for CD Ripping, File Conversion etc. You would want to set some defaults for File Conversion in this case. Once set - you can get down to some conversion action :)

VP

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 02:00:46 pm »

There is also using the handheld sync engine to do the conversion.  Create a virtual handheld, which is just a folder, and configure the sync options, and perform a sync.  The sync will perform the convert.

An advantage to using HH conversion - it can embed cover art into tracks, whereas Convert does not.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 02:03:28 pm »

An advantage to using HH conversion - it can embed cover art into tracks, whereas Convert does not.

Been using plain "convert" since forever - and all my MP3 files have fully embedded cover art?

VP

MrC

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 02:05:50 pm »

Oh?!

I will definitely need to retest then.  I had tested FLAC with local Folder.jpg files and no cover art would be embedded on conversion.  And I've been giving this advice for a while now, so if this is incorrect, crow is going to taste yucky.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 02:29:51 pm »

I just retested converting a FLAC w/out embedded cover art to an mp3 file.  I check through all options to include an embedded image - there are none available to set (I left disabled Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art > Also store image in the file's tag).

No cover art is embedded, so I think I can stand by the claim.  This is why I've recommended using the HH sync engine - it supports embedded cover art as defined in the HH options.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 02:48:00 pm »

No cover art is embedded, so I think I can stand by the claim.  This is why I've recommended using the HH sync engine - it supports embedded cover art as defined in the HH options.

Understood - however all my cover art is embedded in my FLAC files....hence it must just carry right on through.

Can't think of a single reason not to embed the art and run the risk of it being subject to all sorts of file based issues.

VP

blacksquirrel

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 06:47:03 pm »

Thanks for the great replys all are useful
Pages: [1]   Go Up