INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 won't output bit perfect to S/PDI [Solved]  (Read 2068 times)

SIGcollector

MC17 won't output bit perfect to S/PDI [Solved]
« on: December 08, 2012, 08:29:03 am »

MC17 refuses to export bit perfect audio via S/PDIF. It has no problem exporting it via HDMI directly to my receiver (Yamaha RX-V671), but it balks at sending it via S/PDIF to my DAC (Schiit Bifrost). When I try exporting in WASAPI or ASIO via S/PDIF, it shows this error message:

The only way it will play any music through my S/PDIF connection is if I have MC17 set to export "Direct Sound."

Can someone help me out here?

My HTPC is exporting the audio via the motherboard (ASRock H77) through Windows 7, 64bit.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC17 won't output bit perfect to S/PDIF???
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:43:19 am »

S/PDIF is the physical connection.  WASAPI and ASIO are the drivers.  Your device may not support the drivers.  An ASIO driver is sometimes provided by the manufacturer. 

I don't think what you're seeing is an MC problem.

This might help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

SIGcollector

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:04:18 am »

Which "device" might not support the drivers? My DAC? My computer obviously supports them, because previous to adding the DAC, it exported WASAPI with no problem via HDMI.

SIGcollector

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 06:48:11 am »

Solved my own problem . . . when I switched over to S/PDIF, I never changed that driver's properties to allow Exclusive Control. That's why it was able to export bit perfect via HDMI and USB, but not S/PDIF. Mystery solved.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up