INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 Intermittent Playback  (Read 1303 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
MC18 Intermittent Playback
« on: November 24, 2012, 04:27:58 pm »

So I have MC 18 setup to my liking for over a month now with no problems.
javascript:void(0);
Yesterday I ran a Utility program called Advanced System Care and afterwards, had problems with MC Playback. First off, I could get songs to play and then there is a break in sound. I can see the playback timer is running at the top of MC, but the Ouput EQ display which usually shows all the freq volumes during playback is not showing any output. Very Bizarre.  ?

When I restart PC, it seems to playback OK for a while. My Library resides on this PCs HD and I noticed another issue later last night. When I had my other PC running tunes from the main library PC, I would get disconnected from main library and then unable to connect back up.. I somehow figure these are related. Anybody have an idea?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC18 Intermittent Playback
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 04:46:50 pm »

Try reinstalling MC. 

Maybe the site for the software you ran might have suggestions.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 04:48:49 am »

And this is why you should not run utilities like Tune Up, any Registry Cleaners, PC Speed Up utilities ... whether they are free or paid.

The chances they break something far exceeds the chance they fix something or actually speed things up. But most of the time, they simply don't have any effect at all.

Lesson learned I hope, see if the tool has made any backups so you can restore. If not, you could try a system restore. If JimH's suggestion to reinstall MC doesn't help either, I'm afraid all that's left is to reinstall Windows.

Take my advice and dump those utilities. They do more harm than good.

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 09:41:40 am »

Well I tried just that. I went back to the pre Utility restore point and then reinstalled MC18. I am doing work at home today so will put MC through the paces & report back.

Funny thing I discovered in this is that MC17 is still installed on my PC and  when MC18 would not play. I closed 18, then opened 17 and MC17 worked like a champ.

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 05:26:47 pm »

A reinstall fixed my issues.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up