INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't stream my flac files to my Oppo player  (Read 3803 times)

rmobarak

Can't stream my flac files to my Oppo player
« on: December 08, 2012, 12:41:17 pm »

I'm new to MC but really like what I've seen so far.  One problem I'm having is with streaming my flac files to an Oppo player.  The network setup is working but I can't play flac, the software transcodes them to mp3.  tools>options>media network>client>audio conversion is set to convert audio if necessary, but I still get only mp3 format from my flac files.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

Richard

Richee

• World Citizen
Re: Can't stream my flac files to my Oppo player
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 02:38:02 pm »

One problem I'm having is with streaming my flac files to an Oppo player.  The network setup is working but I can't play flac, the software transcodes them to mp3.  tools>options>media network>client>audio conversion is set to convert audio if necessary, but I still get only mp3 format from my flac files. 
Richard

Sounds like you are using the Oppo as a DLNA server. If that is the case then you need to go
to Tools/Options/Add or configure DLNA server. That is where you set up your DLNA OPPO.
You will see an audio option to convert if neccessay. OPPO is not listed so you will need to try generic
or maybe someone can chime in what works with your OPPO.
FLAC is not part of the DLNA standard so you may have to set audio to "never convert" in order to
pass audio as FLAC.

rmobarak

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 01:29:25 pm »

OK, thanks.  I tried 'never convert' using generic DNLA server and that worked.  Now I can play flac files not problem.  If I change to convert if necessary, it outputs wav which is OK too.  Thanks, this player is great!

Frans

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 10:31:39 pm »

So is this the right way to play FLAC 5.1 DTS files?

Generic DLNA (until an OPPO is created)

Audio
  Conversion: Never Convert
  Encoder: Uncompressed

Laird_Williams

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 03:29:00 pm »

So is this the right way to play FLAC 5.1 DTS files?

Generic DLNA (until an OPPO is created)

Audio
  Conversion: Never Convert
  Encoder: Uncompressed
That's how mine works and it works fine for all my 5.1 flacs.
To keep things on the up-and-up, I left the default server alone and created a separate hi-res server for the Oppo.
But I had it working with the changes you made to the default library first.

The issue is that I have my library in 2 formats.
1) FLAC for my 5.1 and high-res (88KHz-192KHz/24-bit stereo), which needs to remain unconverted/uncompressed
2) ALAC (apple lossless) for my "normal" CD Rips for my iPod(s). These need to be converted to play on the Oppo, which does not support ALAC.

I can't find a way to say "convert THESE but leave THOSE the heck alone".
Even the "convert when needed" converts when NOT needed - danged irritating.
Works great for the ALAC stuff, but then flattens all my 5.1 flacs to 2-channel.
So I can turn OFF conversion entirely and have the 5.1 material work but the ALACs don't.
Or I can turn ON conversion and get the ALAC stuff but only "flattened" 5.1 stuff.

Any thoughts? (besides the rather unhelpful "convert your 15000 ALAC files to flac because 'apple sucks'" answer)

Thanks in advance!

Frans

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 02:02:05 pm »

Well yeah, FLAC is more usable,  ;D but my issue was similar.

I used tags to separate/differentiate my DTS FLAC files because these needed to be played through my Oppo's HDMI connection to get properly decoded. All regular FLACs are played through my stereo analog outs. I suppose you could take all DTS files and move them to a separate folder as well. Just some thoughts...
Pages: [1]   Go Up