INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 18 and haup 2250 setup questions  (Read 1345 times)

ivwshane

• Recent member
MC 18 and haup 2250 setup questions
« on: December 09, 2012, 03:31:02 pm »

Hello, I'm new to jriver and I'm just getting started with it. I've searched and read all of the wikis but I still have questions about my tv tuner setup and how to achieve what I want.

I have a hauppauge 2250 dual tuner card (2 analog and 2 digital tuners). My service is analog cable but I also receive QAM channels as well.
I successfully setup the analog channels and the guide works fine for the most part. My question is how do I setup for the QAM channels? Also, because it's a dual tuner card do I need to setup each tuner separately? And lastly are there any auto scale options for tv channels? A lot if channels are displayed in SD format but letterboxed.

Oh and apparently I just broke what was working:o I have windows 8 and I was testing windows MC to see how it handled the different type of signals (it didn't but I know it works because I have it setup on another computer just fine), after closing the program I went back into jriver to watch tv and now when I click watch on the channel nothing happens:| how do I fix this?

ivwshane

• Recent member
Re: MC 18 and haup 2250 setup questions
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 05:42:18 am »

I got the tv working again, I forgot I was messing around with the tuners and clicking on the command button to configure them to see if selecting QAM would work (it didn't or I'm doing it wrong).

Any help with the other questions?

I found all the crop options but nothing that does it automatically. I also found a keyboard semi shortcut in theater mode that allowed me to pick a crop:crop options that I didn't see available under the player options.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 09:45:22 am »

The TV aspect ratio options are on Television options window.  The default settings normally should be the best, i.e. "Source Aspect Ratio" and "Crop Edges to remove visual noise...".  If you do not want letterbox, you can try "Stretch" or "Crop" as your aspect ratio option.

While playing a channel, you can use Up or down arrows to make changes with On Screen Display menu.

You do not need to scan channels for each tuner separately.  MC will pick an available tuner to use.  You do, however, need to scan different types of channels separately.  In your case, analog channels and QAM channels should be scanned separately.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

ivwshane

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 04:28:21 pm »

I'm still having problems finding these digital channels, my tv tunes them in just fine but in not sure what settings the tuner card needs to be to see them.

With regards to the cropping issue I was looking for a more advanced auto crop feature. For example, if I'm watching a channel and it's playing a movie in letterbox form I'd want MC to crop the black bars to fit my screen however, if on that same channel a commercial comes on or a new show starts that's in 4:3 format I would like it to adjust to that aspect ratio automatically.

Basically it would be like an auto black bar detection aspect ratio auto adjust.

I have only found one program in the last 10 years that was capable if this and it was called dscaler (an open source analog tv viewing app).

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 04:46:29 pm »

I'm still having problems finding these digital channels, my tv tunes them in just fine but in not sure what settings the tuner card needs to be to see them.

With regards to the cropping issue I was looking for a more advanced auto crop feature. For example, if I'm watching a channel and it's playing a movie in letterbox form I'd want MC to crop the black bars to fit my screen however, if on that same channel a commercial comes on or a new show starts that's in 4:3 format I would like it to adjust to that aspect ratio automatically.

Basically it would be like an auto black bar detection aspect ratio auto adjust.

I have only found one program in the last 10 years that was capable if this and it was called dscaler (an open source analog tv viewing app).

We do not have auto cropping function.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

ivwshane

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 07:13:54 pm »

We do not have auto cropping function.

Is this a feature that you guys might want to add?
Pages: [1]   Go Up