INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio features that would be nice to have  (Read 1402 times)

Juniorjbl

• Recent member
Audio features that would be nice to have
« on: December 09, 2012, 04:14:41 pm »

I am have a difficult time setting up the audio for my Sapphire Pro 40.

It would be nice to see a "router" to show what MC outputs are going where. This way if you have a right and left backwards you can just switch it in the software same with LFE and Center channels. This way you do not need to crawl into the rack just because MC is hard coded on its outputs

A tone/pink noise generator to assist in setting up levels would be handy as well.

I also think the XO features should be broken out of the PEQ section and called "Crossover"

A map of a room with speakers in it to go with the "Routing" interface would help eliminate some confusion as well.

I do realize I can make a "pink noise" track and play it but it would be better with a full tone generator with sweep function to look for odd noises and stuff like that.

Would also be nice to have a true "fft analyzer" function as well.

Multi sub channels would be nice as well.

These are just my opinions and hope they are viewed as such.

I would also like to in the future try your DSP processing to do active 3-way triamp setup on the L,C,R but the routing would definitely need to be a part of the setup before that can happen.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
Re: Audio features that would be nice to have
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 06:27:57 pm »

You can change the routing in the PEQ using the Mix Channels feature. It would be nice if we could rename the channels though.....

There are 12 channels available for use in the PEQ, so you could easily do a 7 channel setup + multiple subs or whatever.

You can use the Loopback feature to use a measurement software for doing sweeps.  I think that kind of stuff goes beyond the scope of MC. You can also play a tone on the individual channels in Room Correction.

Why would you want to break out the crossover functions from the PEQ?

Juniorjbl

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 07:03:48 pm »

You can change the routing in the PEQ using the Mix Channels feature. It would be nice if we could rename the channels though.....
That to me was a really odd place to find that option.

There are 12 channels available for use in the PEQ, so you could easily do a 7 channel setup + multiple subs or whatever.
Once again a really weird place to find that IMO.

You can use the Loopback feature to use a measurement software for doing sweeps.  I think that kind of stuff goes beyond the scope of MC. You can also play a tone on the individual channels in Room Correction.
Allot of pre/pros and receivers have this feature and it is very convenient to have it built in to your speaker management software (kind of like a DBX driverack)

Why would you want to break out the crossover functions from the PEQ?
No reason other than they are in a place I am not accustomed to looking in for that feature.

Sorry for not reading and searching long enough. I have just now located a thread about the standard outputs and how they are Mapped/Numbered.

Let's peak behind the curtain a little.
Channels are numbered 1-8 out the back of a audio device or receiver. Most of today's devices look like this:

Channel 1 = Left
Channel 2 = Right
Channel 3 = Center
Channel 4 = Subwoofer\LFE
Channel 5 = Rear Left Surround
Channel 6 = Rear Right Surround
Channel 7 = Side Left Surround
Channel 8 = Side Right Surround

These channel designations are used by output modes such as ASIO or WASAPI and are also used by decoders such as Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and DTS-HD (actually the decoders use 0-7, but that is more confusing). Sometimes channels 5 & 6 are used for side surrounds instead the rear surrounds.

Is this correct?

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 08:38:42 pm »

A tone/pink noise generator to assist in setting up levels would be handy as well.

Go to Tools, Options, Audio, DSP & Output Format, Room Correction. There are 4 check boxes at the bottom. One of them is 'Level', and I believe it is Pink Noise.

You might also check the thread I just started on 'Setting Reference Levels'. 

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76298.0

Rod

Juniorjbl

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 11:02:42 pm »

Thanks Rob.
I will watch your thread with intrest as well.

dean70

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 03:27:00 pm »

What would be nice is a plugin version of Room EQ Wizard that integrates into MC.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 03:46:45 pm »

What would be nice is a plugin version of Room EQ Wizard that integrates into MC.

That isn't really necessary since you can use the WASAPI loopback to run REW signals through JRiver. I've EQ'd several systems with REW and JRiver this way and it works great. It would be nice if JRiver would import the the REW filters, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up