INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: King Maxtor 16  (Read 580 times)

zevele1

King Maxtor 16
« on: April 14, 2002, 10:47:43 am »

The only way to get the external one you have is on order.Means that,unlike "regular products"i will pay much more than the US price
I will buy it in Europe
I can get the Maxtor internal 160gb for $286.But i have another problem:no more  plug  in for it.USB 2 is still to come here
I have the solution to put a plug[?],an extension[?] inside the computer because i have physical  room inside.You can plug 4 more devices on it
Is this a good solution?If not a external Usb 1 can do?I will put only mp3 on the 160gb

And how do you defragment drives as big?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:King Maxtor 16
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2002, 11:00:13 am »

>> I can get the Maxtor internal 160gb for $286.But i have another problem:no more plug in for it.
Then You Will Need To Buy A PCI EIDE Card, Maxtor Sells One, You Can Add This ATA133 Card And Have 4 More EIDE Drives You Can Add To Your System. The ATA100 Cards Will Not Support The 160Gig Internal So Make Sure It Is A ATA133 Card.

I have the Orginal ATA66 On the Mother Board (Suports Upto 32 Gig Drive), And A ATA100 PCI Controler (Supports UpTo 137Gigs), And A FireWire Controler For The External Drives.

I Am Currently At 717 Or So Gigs 320 Of It Is FireWire Drives

Now Playing: Magilla Gorilla - Magilla Gorilla Theme.mp3
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

RE:King Maxtor 16
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2002, 11:30:54 am »

THANK YOU!!!!
In fact,i see now that i do not need the external you have.Can put 4 160gb inside before.........
It is good news.I have only 4 USB plugs.One is for my ethernet adapter card,i will need another one for Stereolink,so only 2 left

not listening now.My father is still here.I killed everyone with loud music as a tennager.
To the point they built me a room in the atic.......With age i have more respect...
Will have 230gb with the new Maxtor
Pages: [1]   Go Up