INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! Says my trial is over  (Read 1008 times)

Dokter123

• Recent member
Help! Says my trial is over
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:47:44 pm »

Hello.

I am a registered user of MediaCentre 18 - got a licence and everything...I have uninstalled MediaCentre several times, and then as is suggested, reinstalled it - because of repeated crashes. I am concerned about 2 things:

1) Apparently I am running out of *.mjr's with which to reinstall MediaCentre - only 3 left it seems.

2) As of the last reinstall I am presented, each time I load MediaCentre (Version 18), with a message that says my trial has expired, and how 'bout buying a license - and then *poof* the registered version loads with my library intact and all of my media servers and renderers (is that a word?) present and accounted for.

Any ideas about what is happening, what I do about it...and how to prevent the ultimate loss of the remainder of my license downloads?

I am running Windows 7, all updates installed, etc. And I love this piece of software.

Dok

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help! Says my trial is over
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:24:00 pm »

Check your system date.  Make sure the license is for the version you have installed.  More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help! Says my trial is over
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 01:14:41 am »

Uninstalling MC should not remove the registration information, even if you pick the option to remove the registry entries too.

....and all of my media servers and renderers (is that a word?) present and accounted for.
This line makes me wonder if you are launching an MC server from an older version, 16 or 17 perhaps, that is not registered?

Do you change the name of your system often? Each time you change the system name, MC will require to be re-registered.

If you genuinely run out of restores, you will get more without any fuss, but it would probably be better if we could help you figure out what's occurring rather than keep throwing restores at it. Any feedback regarding these couple of thoughts of mine?
Pages: [1]   Go Up