INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18.0.94 "Not Responding"  (Read 1060 times)

jlar310

• Recent member
MC18.0.94 "Not Responding"
« on: December 16, 2012, 02:09:39 pm »

I was on 18.0.78 and after launching the UI, MC would freeze and eventual Windows 7 would say the program was not responding. I can close the MC window, but the only way I can make the process go away is to reboot. Task Manager can't kill it. And of course I can't restart MC because it complains about the running process.

I logged in to Windows under a different account and fired up MC. Worked fine, no problem, but it's not loading my library. I took the opportunity to grab the latest update 18.0.94. But after running it under my own account, I still have the same problem. It's showing my library view, but it locks up before I can do anything, like change libraries for example.

How can I debug this? How can I unload my library to get a fresh start? I could not find any command line options to start in "Safe mode" on the wiki.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC18.0.94 "Not Responding"
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 02:20:14 pm »

It's probably a security software problem on your PC.  UAC, firewall, Antivirus, etc.

Try leaving it for a while to see if something times out and you get an error message.

The "Weird Problems" thread linked in my signature may give you other ideas.

jlar310

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 02:28:16 pm »

Well, it appears *not* to be a library problem. I moved the library files, thus forcing MC to create a new, empty library. It still hung up. I have seen "Logging" in the Help menu. If I can get that turned out, is it likely to be helpful?

jlar310

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 03:24:48 pm »

I blew away everything in the Registry under HKCU\Software\JRiver, restored by library from a backup and I'm up and running again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up