INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to sync MC with ipod classic? Flac to Apple lossless...  (Read 6016 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
How to sync MC with ipod classic? Flac to Apple lossless...
« on: December 15, 2012, 05:23:49 am »

Hi
I have iTunes on another computer than my MC-computer.
I use to sync to my ipod classic 6 gen there. So I have 2 different computers with 2 different music libraries. One for MC and my hi end stereo and the other computer/music library for iTunes/iPod.

So I have to put the music into 2 libraries which is double work if I want the music in both my stereo and my ipod.

I was (for a long time already actually) thinking it is smarter to sync my ipod directly to the MC music library. I use flac files in MC. I can not use that in ipod so there I use apple lossless. I want to have the highest quality. No mp3īs!

So is it a problem to sync my flac files from MC library to the ipod directly? Or do I have to install iTunes on that computer as well?
I guess I must convert the flac files to apple lossless some way? Or will MC do that for me?
Or do I have to convert the flacīs to Wav and then to apple lossless in itunes?

Is there some instruction how to do? I have searched but not found anything.

Thanks in advance.

BR/Captor
JRiver for music

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: How to sync MC with ipod classic? Flac to Apple lossless...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 05:07:13 pm »

Perhaps you should post this question here at MediaCenters "iPad, iPhone, iPod" Board to get perfect help.

At least MC18 is able to convert files to apple useless lossless (ALAC). At the above mentioned board you'll get some further hints eg. here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63407.0

Captor

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 09:23:32 am »

Dear StFeder: Yes there are some unhappy people out here. Maybe there is a chance that something will be done if more people put that on the whishlist. I mean, if being in the business selling software then I (at least) would try to satisfy the buyer. But maybe MC is selling in so huge quantities that loosing some is no big deal?
However, I will send a question in that board instead. I have done that before
Thanks for this tip too!
JRiver for music

betterbegingan

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 03:20:20 am »

I recommend iDealshare VideoGo which can batch convert FLAC files to ALAC without audio quality loss.

It supports directly drag and drop the FLAC files to the main window of this software. You can also directly drag the folder where the FLAC files are to the main window of iDealshare VideoGo.

Besides converting FLAC to ALAC, it also convert FLAC to MP3, WAV, OGG, WMA, AIFF, AU, RA, and etc.

It also supports to increase audio volume for the output ALAC files, adjust sample rate for the output Apple Lossless audio, change the output ALAC audio channel between stereo and mono.

Step by step guide at http://www.idealshare.net/audio-converter/flac-to-apple-lossless.html

Captor

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 04:11:04 am »

Dear betterbeginnan
Thank you very much.
I have already solved this issue. Actually it solved itself. The MC19 just convert the flac files into m4a before putting them into my Ipod. I think there is iTunes in MC19 that takes care of that? But not sure.
Anyway, it works just fine. But the software you mention sound interesting anyway. I will for sure save it.

Another toughts I have is if I have an certain song imported to iTunes and then the same song in a playlist. Will the song be 2 times on iPod harddrive?
Becuase i import only playlists. That works best for me vecause of i have only 160 GB space but much more than that on my media-PC. So I have simply created a playlist for all songs/artists I havet to have in the ipod. And then in addition to that playlists like Favourites or Sing and Dance and so on.
Maybe there is a better way to do then work with playlists for all ipod songs?
JRiver for music
Pages: [1]   Go Up