INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA and XBox 360 ... streaming issues/external network access thru internet  (Read 1676 times)

wildcatknh

• Recent member

Guys,

I have added the XBox 360-specific DLNA server setup to my Media Center and I can connect through my XBox now.  I do have a couple of questions.

1)  Audio files (mp3's) play just fine through the XBox.  With video files, however, I am noticing a significant audio sync problem when streaming through the XBox.  All of my video files are mkv files and most of them are very large.  Most of my tv shows are in the 1-3GB range and most of my movies are in the 10-15GB range.  The XBox DLNA setup in Media Center is set to convert unsupported video to WMV high bandwidth.  Is there something else that I need to configure to address this issue?  Or is it simply due to the large size of the video files I'm trying to view?

2)  I can connect and view/listen to all my files on my XBox connected to my internal network.  Is it possible to connect to my media network on an XBox 360 over the web while at a friend's house?  We want to be able to watch/listen to my media from there on his home theater, but he doesn't have anything connected to his system with an internet connection besides the XBox.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. 

HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

wildcatknh

• Recent member

Any insight into these questions or any ideas?
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

Not sure why the audio would be out of sync. The bandwidth required is pretty large though and perhaps it's doing some frame skipping then losing the audio sync.
Pages: [1]   Go Up