INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Performance  (Read 1809 times)

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
TV Performance
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:43:22 am »

I finally took the plunge today and upgraded my main HTPC to MC18, after testing for some time on other machines I was happy that everything was working great however, since the upgrade I have noticed the TV playback (via DVBS) is very jerky, especially with HD content (1080i @50hz).
Is there an obvious difference between MC17 & 18 that would cause this? my video hardware is a Radeon HD5450 and I run Red October HQ which has always worked perfectly with 17.

cheers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: TV Performance
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 06:45:32 am »

I finally took the plunge today and upgraded my main HTPC to MC18, after testing for some time on other machines I was happy that everything was working great however, since the upgrade I have noticed the TV playback (via DVBS) is very jerky, especially with HD content (1080i @50hz).
Is there an obvious difference between MC17 & 18 that would cause this? my video hardware is a Radeon HD5450 and I run Red October HQ which has always worked perfectly with 17.

cheers
Make sure you have the latest build.  Its 18.0.103.  There have been some problems with ROHQ that may be fixed.

Try turning hardware acceleration on and off under video settings.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 02:01:48 pm »

I am Running Build 18.0.103 and tried toggling hardware acceleraton to no avail, the only way TV is watchable is by turning off ROHQ and setting to standard. After further investigation this seems to be related to de-interlacing as some 1080i blu-ray rips I have that played fine in 17 now seem a little jerky via ROHQ.

cheers

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 02:57:05 pm »

It could be related to madVR settings.  Try changing deinterlacing and scaling settings in madVR.  Madshi made some changes in madVR, including frame dropping method when video device can not handle HD video.  I think the change may have made it more demanding on hardware.  Some scaling algorithms are less taxing than others.  So try some different ones and see if you can find one that works better.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 03:22:51 pm »

Hi, thanks for the suggestions but I had already tried every combination I could think of in the MadVR settings, is it possible to set MC to use Red October Standard for interlaced material OR Television and HQ for everything else?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 03:31:25 pm »

Hi, thanks for the suggestions but I had already tried every combination I could think of in the MadVR settings, is it possible to set MC to use Red October Standard for interlaced material OR Television and HQ for everything else?

You can try using "Custom" video mode .
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 03:40:51 pm »

Thanks, I had just started looking into doing that  8) what condition would I need to use in the other renderer that I want to use for Live TV?

Update: I have managed to set Live TV to use EVR by specifying containers (mkv; avi; mp4 etc) in the MadVR conditions however, I am now only getting 2 channel PCM instead of multichannel over HDMI  :-\

Solved: I noticed that audio was now using Direct Sound due to the custom Audio Renderer. I removed it and everything started using WASAPI again  ;D

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction, your help is much appreciated, especially on xmas eve  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up