INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adventure: install & run MC18 under Wine in Linux  (Read 1045 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Adventure: install & run MC18 under Wine in Linux
« on: December 19, 2012, 04:38:31 pm »

I figured now that you've removed all the Microsoft dependencies from the code it might work better under Wine. Last time (16 I think) wouldn't even install.

This time though ... so close ... it installs, it runs, it imports ... and then hangs showing library. Restarted it, click Artists, hangs again.

Can't get it to play but darn, so close. Gotta play with the output settings ... maybe I can get it to play.

roolark

• Recent member
Re: Adventure: install & run MC18 under Wine in Linux
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:12:47 pm »

I worked on this quite extensively with MC 17. I believe the reason the program hangs in wine is related to how media center uses either Internet Explorer or Chromium for the browsing / artist window. I recall trying both options, without success. I haven't tried again with mc 18, though your problem sounds identical to mine.

Ultimately I gave up, because I think I upset the mods with my non-traditional installations of Media Center and the perception that I was confusing normal windows. XP/7 users with technical jargon O.o

At any rate, if you want it to work in wine, I suggest following up on the IE/Chromium lead
Pages: [1]   Go Up