INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File format not recognised after Media Jukebox sync  (Read 1435 times)

mushroomcounter

• Recent member
File format not recognised after Media Jukebox sync
« on: December 20, 2012, 07:27:48 am »

I use Media Jukebox to download mp3 podcasts and sync them to my Philips SA2MXX04KA. When downloading the podcast I amend the Comment tag, Directory and Filename.

For SOME podcast feeds (but not all), when I sync the files to my Philips, it will not play them and complains "File Format Not Recognised". However, the files themselves can be played by my laptop direct from the Philips or from the laptop's hard drive.

If I bypass Media Jukebox and download the mp3 file direct from the website and transfer to the Philips using Windows Explorer then the Philips copes fine.

My conclusion is that the syncing done by Media Jukebox must somehow alter the file in such a way that the Philips then has a problem but other (less sensitive/more sensible) players on the laptop. However, because not all podcast feeds have this problem, there must be some feature of the feed itself which is involved.

My current work-around is to re-save the affected mp3 files as mp3 files using another program and then everything is OK. However, this is inconvenient and I do not know there is a problem with individual files until I try to play then on the Philips.

Any ideas will be gratefully received.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: File format not recognised after Media Jukebox sync
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 01:06:46 pm »

It might be worth testing out MC18 instead - there have been enormous numbers of changes with syncing, format conversions, etc. since MJ14 (which is quite old and untouched for a long time now).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up