INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use MC and WMC concurrently?  (Read 775 times)

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
Use MC and WMC concurrently?
« on: December 20, 2012, 01:01:38 pm »

After several attempts, I am giving up on JR for TV recording purposes for the time being.  I'll explain.  I need:

• to be able to use the guide to record and to see which programmes are due to record from within the guide, both individual recordings and series links by means of an icon or similar (As used on ALL hardware PVRs and in WMC) - I have asked for this to be implemented and so have others and I hope it will in the future.
  • to be able to use Closed captions when both watching live TV and for the application to 'save' the CCs as subtitles for future viewing
  • to use the 'Text' with Live TV ; the 'red button' facility as it is often referred as
  • for the application to let me know about tuner 'conflicts' and to show me when another airing is on so I can reschedule the recording

All the above are available in WMC so I will use that for viewing TV and for recording uses.  Unfortunately WMC is hopeless as a media player and its library features are a bit rubbish too so I need to be able to switch between the two.  At the moment I have to grab the keyboard/mouse but this is not very 'wife-friendly' so is there a way of using my MC remote to switch between the two?  For some reason, if I leave both applications running, the 'Stop' button stops working on the remote - can anyone help me as to why this is?

Any help on the above would be most gratefully received. Obviously, if JR ever implement at least some of the above, I'd love to be able to use it exclusively again, as in all other respects, it is a far superior product.
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Use MC and WMC concurrently?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 01:17:48 pm »

I'll second this. I'd love it if MC replaced WMC. I currently use WMC for watching and recording live TV. I have an HDHomeRun Prime with cablecard support and am able to view and record encrypted programs from Charter, my cable provider. It would be great to have all of WMC's TV functionality within MC, including the EPG and the ability to schedule recordings for both series and individual programs.

It's too bad Google purchased SageTV. If JRiver owned SageTV, we'd probably be much closer to having what we want.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
Re: Use MC and WMC concurrently?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 04:50:45 pm »

Will any of the above items ever be considered?  Just so I know where it stands on this. :)
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself
Pages: [1]   Go Up