INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Resolution Options in Video Display Settings  (Read 1336 times)

wewilli1

• Recent member
Missing Resolution Options in Video Display Settings
« on: December 20, 2012, 06:04:37 pm »

I am running windows 7 pro and when I upgraded to MC 18, I found that the 50 Hz option was missing in the video display settings.  The video display settings are used to select the TV refresh rate based on the video frame rate.  On my TV, 50 Hz is normally hidden (because it's a North American TV) but it can be activated in the NVidia control panel by enabling hidden refresh rates.  When I enable the hidden refresh rates, MC 17 knows about the 50 Hz refresh rate and correctly switches to 50 Hz when I play back videos running at either 25 or 50 frames per second.  I tested MC 17 using the Mad VR OSD and I know for a fact that it works correct.  But, when I switch to MC 18, the 50 Hz refresh rate is simply not available in the video display settings.  What do I have to do to enable the 50 Hz refresh rate?

Another related problem is that I had a custom 24 Hz refresh rate but I removed it and MC 18 still thinks it's there.  If I try to adjust the display settings using NVidia control panel, 24 Hz is not even an option yet MC still has it listed as a valid option.  Why is MC 18 showing refresh rates that are not available and how do I fix it??

wewilli1

• Recent member
Re: Missing Resolution Options in Video Display Settings
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:38:10 am »

bump

wewilli1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 09:44:09 am »

bump

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 09:46:45 am »

Do you have more than one monitor?

Switching which monitor Media Center and options are on may help in that case.  We get a list of modes from the system, for the monitor currently hosting the user interface.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up