INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I export a catalog?  (Read 827 times)

Mike48

• World Citizen
Can I export a catalog?
« on: December 20, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »

I still shop for CDs, and not always online. Can I export a catalog of my Audio library from MC18?  By catalog, I mean a searchable (or at least ordered) list of descriptions -- not the audio itself.  Like a library catalog.

It would be handy to do this in a format I could upload to Google Docs & consult from my smartphone when I'm shopping, to avoid buying something I have already (which I have done several times).

I have no idea if this is possible.  Gurus?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Can I export a catalog?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 06:59:14 pm »

Indeed.  Here's the basic idea:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60597

You create a view that shows the content and fields you want exported, then use File > Export Playlist to export into CSV format, selecting only the visible fields.  Alternatively, you can copy/paste the entire view's contents into a document.

There are other threads that explain this if you need more help.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 07:32:38 pm »

Thanks!  I'll do it!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 02:12:54 pm »

FYI -  If your goal is to get the data into Excel, it is even easier.

Make a view showing all the fields you want to move over to Excel, and add files to it.  The way I do this, if I want to pick and choose, is to make a custom [Export Queue] field (type integer, limited to 0/1, edit type stars), and I use this as the "search" for the Export View I made (anything where [Export Queue] > 0 goes in the list).  Then I can easily add/remove files from anywhere in my Library by simply clicking on some stars for this field.

Anyway, once you have your field, arrange the columns just how you'd like them to appear in Excel.  Control-A to select all.  Right-click, choose Edit Commands > Copy.  Open an Excel spreadsheet.  Right-click > Paste.  Resize the columns appropriately, and done.

I use this every day at the office to send info around to other people here.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up