INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Issues in Movies (multichannel related I think) [solved]  (Read 757 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Sound Issues in Movies (multichannel related I think) [solved]
« on: December 23, 2012, 03:33:29 pm »

If I play back a movie that was encoded to an MKV file using multiple channels, surround, etc, the sound coming out of MC18 just isn't right.  I have two channels only, running to a Benchmark DAC.  If I'm playing one of these movies, I'll get tons of background noise out of my left and right channels and the voices will be really faint.  If I open the same file in VLC, it sounds 'right.'  Sorry, don't know how to describe that better, but basically, I feel like I'm not getting the right channels to my two channel setup.

I messed around with what I figured would be the right settings, but didn't really notice any changes.  What settings should I be looking at to edit this?  When I'm playing the movie like this, I can right click, pick some setting and it does show that I'm running a 6 channel file to a 2 channel output, so I feel like it knows that I'm not running this in a surround type environment.

Thanks!

--Ryan

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Sound Issues in Movies (multichannel related I think)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 04:24:15 pm »

Hi Ryan,
Try this setting in DSP.
THanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: Sound Issues in Movies (multichannel related I think)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 05:13:58 pm »

Hi Ryan,
Try this setting in DSP.
THanks
Nathan

I'm afraid I need to eat my words on this one...  I changed this setting before, but I must have just paused playback, not stopped and restarted.  Since I changed that, I've rebooted, installed updates, etc.  But today I went to check it, and replayed a movie I knew I was having trouble with and it sounds normal.  So my guess is I didn't follow the line that says playback must be stopped and restarted.

Thanks!

--Ryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up