INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shell integration  (Read 1065 times)

arsenal

• Recent member
Shell integration
« on: December 24, 2012, 10:50:51 am »

18.0.103 on Win7 x64

2 issues:

1) Upgraded from MC 14 to version above recently. Uninstalled 14 because it was taking file associations with shell integration queue/play method. Now can't get 18 to populate the shell integration menu items. Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling 18.

2) When selecting a bunch of files (.mp3/.flac) and selecting Play in Media Center, they are sorted and played by 'Sequence' - how can I get them to play sorted by 'Track'?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Shell integration
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 11:08:08 am »

Reboot.

You can sort by anything by clicking on the heading you want.

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 12:37:10 pm »

2) When selecting a bunch of files (.mp3/.flac) and selecting Play in Media Center, they are sorted and played by 'Sequence' - how can I get them to play sorted by 'Track'?
Unfortunately, no media player gets this right.  Understandably, they look at the situation from the viewpoint of always using their player, and therefore, from the viewpoint of using Music Libraries, rather than File Explorer.

Without other intervention, using the File Explorer loads the files in alphabetical order, which then plays Track 1 followed by Tracks 10, 11 and 12, followed by Tracks 2, 3 and so forth.  And that's if you have the track number at the beginning of the filename, otherwise you get just alphabetically by track name.

So, in order to get it to sort by the Tag - "Track" - you have to import into the Music Library first.  This causes problems if you want to audition the album before importing it.  ;)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 12:59:50 pm »

So, in order to get it to sort by the Tag - "Track" - you have to import into the Music Library first.  This causes problems if you want to audition the album before importing it.  ;)
You can delete from the library (without removing the file) by pressing DEL.  Shift-DEL gives you other options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up