INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems after upsampling  (Read 987 times)

prg02

• Recent member
Problems after upsampling
« on: December 24, 2012, 12:07:17 am »

I usually upsample my music to 96k, but after upgrading to v18.103 the audio start sounding with cracks and pops, if I hear it in its regular bitrate the problem is gone, but has been any change in recent versions that made this thing happen?
I am using WASAPI event style with a MSII DAC and I tried different buffer sizes and nothing seems to work with my old settings. Anyway, at least I can hear my music without upsampling.

Thanks!

Pablo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems after upsampling
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 07:08:55 am »

Try the options for WASAPI Event.  See the "DAC Settings" topic on our wiki.

prg02

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 09:54:04 am »

Hi,

I have already tried the DAC settings as stated in the wiki, and it works well without upsampling. In in earlier versions the upsampling worked well, but in the latest version (103) the audio start to present pops and some stutter.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 07:39:00 pm »

I usually upsample my music to 96k, but after upgrading to v18.103 the audio start sounding with cracks and pops, if I hear it in its regular bitrate the problem is gone, but has been any change in recent versions that made this thing happen?
I am using WASAPI event style with a MSII DAC and I tried different buffer sizes and nothing seems to work with my old settings. Anyway, at least I can hear my music without upsampling.

HRT recommend not upsampling - they feel you get better sound quality with playback at the original sample rate, which is why their DACs support all the various rates, rather than only 24/96.

They also recommend lower the buffer size to get rid of pops (with other types of products by other companies, the recommendation is usually the opposite).
Pages: [1]   Go Up