INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import feature  (Read 1071 times)

ray77

• Recent member
Import feature
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:09:38 am »

Installed MC 18 on a new computer; uploaded music files from old computer (running MC 17) to network drive via Ethernet cable to internet router box and then used MC 18 auto-import feature to populate MC18 Audio Artist and Album Views from network drive music file.  Some album/artist entries are now in Chinese (or Japanese) characters. Original info was in English. Language selection for MC 18 (and MC 17) is English. Why is this happening? Can I fix without manually changing tag information fields (especially tedious to retype track titles).

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import feature
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 01:57:14 am »

Morning Raymondsoo,

If you're using wav files, it's a known and acknowledged problem in the current build that will be swiftly fixed once the holidays are over.

Are you using wav files?

-marko

ray77

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 02:14:56 pm »

Yes they are all wav files, so looking forward to fix. I was helping a friend get up and running with MC 18 and noticed that the default encoder is still Monkey.ape.  I didn't notice this when I was ripping CDs in MC 17 and had to re-rip to uncompressed wav - a real pain. Any reason JRiver decided to use this particular encoder as the default?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 02:22:20 pm »

I didn't notice this when I was ripping CDs in MC 17 and had to re-rip to uncompressed wav - a real pain.

You might read this:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Lossless_Compression
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 02:36:59 pm »

I was helping a friend get up and running with MC 18 and noticed that the default encoder is still Monkey.ape.  I didn't notice this when I was ripping CDs in MC 17 and had to re-rip to uncompressed wav - a real pain. Any reason JRiver decided to use this particular encoder as the default?
Because nothing else will give you higher quality audio.

ray77

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 06:06:13 pm »

So with improved tagging of APE or FLAC, will Chinese characters showing up in the JRIver Album, Artist and especially the File views go away? I find that the other problem that I reported under MC 17 is still with me in MC18 (i.e. some ripped music files show up within JRiver and then disappear from Album and Artist views).
Pages: [1]   Go Up