INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High Definition Artwork  (Read 1424 times)

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
High Definition Artwork
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:40:19 am »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a setting or someway to stipulate High Definition on the Cover Art to display when streaming the music file
I have my files (FLAC)  play via a Network
Using a Yamaha -RX-A1000 through to a Samsung Smart TV......when displaying the File playing now......the Cover Art is not always that brilliant.
I have always downloaded the best quality but perhaps some are embedded in the actual files and that's what displays ?.....any opinions or
advice appreciated...
Cheers

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: High Definition Artwork
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 05:02:58 pm »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a setting or someway to stipulate High Definition on the Cover Art to display when streaming the music file
I have my files (FLAC)  play via a Network
Using a Yamaha -RX-A1000 through to a Samsung Smart TV......when displaying the File playing now......the Cover Art is not always that brilliant.
I have always downloaded the best quality but perhaps some are embedded in the actual files and that's what displays ?.....any opinions or
advice appreciated...
Cheers

We supply our pre-generated thumbnails which reduces the amount of work the server has to do. The large thumb is 200x200 IIRC. There is also a JPG_TN compliant thumb supplied which IIRC is 120x120.
It wouldn't be difficult to supply the actual cover art however many systems don't like variable sized cover art and/or large art.

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 05:35:20 pm »

Hi Bob,
thanks for the reply....and the information. You state it is possible and not too hard to specify the larger Cover Art. Is this in the settings somewhere
or reliant on the user specifying the size at the time of downloading Cover Art ??. Appreciate any guidance on how to make this happen by default for my set
up......

Cheers

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 11:44:21 pm »

It's not something that currently exists, I was pondering the possibility of adding it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up