INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this possible …  (Read 1196 times)

apostos

• World Citizen
Is this possible …
« on: December 27, 2012, 01:09:04 pm »

I’ve recently applied Replay Gain to all of my audio tracks. My desire is to enable it only during playback of audio playlists. I use playlists primarily for background music and entertaining. I wish the audio to remain unaltered when playing back from an album (or I suppose anything non playlist like). I would prefer this to be done automatically if possible. I tinkered with the Zone switch but my inexperience with MC quickly revealed itself and the results were far from satisfactory …

But led me to this …

Media Center displays its current zone state in Standard & Mini View but apparently not in the others. How does one know what zone MC is in when in Theater View?

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is this possible …
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 03:13:29 pm »

we added the zone display in the theater view, we also missed that info

there is a thread around where someone of JRiver explains in detail what to do and where, use search and you can use our name, then you'll find it, we posted that question some time ago

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 08:48:36 pm »

You can create two Zones; one will be used for the playlists, the other for everything else.

If you only have a few playlists, you can list those individually in the rules.  More than that, it will be simpler if all the playlists were in a single playlist group.

The rule will be easiest to create in the Search's Wizard mode (Ctrl-Shift-F).  Under Rules, pulldown Playslists and select is any and select the one or more playlists, or playlist groups, that you want to use.  Select Import/Export and copy the entire expression.

The, go do the ZoneSwitch rules, Enable ZoneSwitch, define the zone and edit the rule to be:

[=paste here what you copied earlier]=1

and select the zone to use (and also disable playback in other zones as desired).

Your second zone will have no rule - it will just play everything else, since it is the second (e.g. a fallback) rule.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 02:38:31 pm »

Thanks for the feedback …

The only problem I’ve found with the search function … it’s easy to become sidetracked by things I’d like to follow up on!

I did however come across some useful information pertinent to zone display and tried some of the suggestions. But nothing quite fit the bill. Perhaps the developers will provide something in a future build.

As for the ‘automatic’ zone switching …. MrC’s offering seems to work. (Thanks for that!) It is very much what I attempted to configure initially. But I used the Zone Switch interface from the menu to configure the rule. Using this method did not supply the ‘=1’ at the end of the expression. Could that of been the difference in getting this rule to work? I say could because I tried so many different iterations of that rule … I’ve simply lost track.

Now I just have to remember to stop playback before switching from one zone to another ….

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 02:53:40 pm »

... But I used the Zone Switch interface from the menu to configure the rule. Using this method did not supply the ‘=1’ at the end of the expression. Could that of been the difference in getting this rule to work?

In order to use an MC expression in a search rule, it has to be formatted as a search query.  The [=expression]=1 evaluates expression and compares its result to 1.  The ZoneSwitch rule works the same as the Search box or Wizard, and there you'd have to use the Custom search term construct as well to evaluate an expression as a search query.

Here's some more info on how to format search queries:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MrC-temp
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 03:14:02 pm »

Now I just have to remember to stop playback before switching from one zone to another ….

Or at the bottom of the ZoneSwitch rule you could choose "Stop playback in these zones" and select the other zone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up