INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limiting artists displayed to those appearing on more than 1 track (or album)  (Read 703 times)

Dan69

• Recent member

Hi all.
In theater view I have customized things to show artists as a separate grouping. At the track level, the artist tag may contain multiple artists, semicolon delimited. What I have looks something like this:

Audio
  Classical Audio
    Artist.  (details: artist then album)
    Etc.

Is there a way to have MC limit the artist's shown to only those with more than some number of tracks (or albums)? I'd like to group these loners separately to clean up the view. I haven't found a way to apply aggregate functions like this, though. I thought of maybe making a custom field with the expression editor, but that doesn't really have aggregate functions either (at least not with a way that allows me to specify the grouping level).

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe

You could try to group by [Album Artist (auto)]. In the [Album Artist] field you could put the (track) artists you would like to see (semi colon delimited) - Be careful to assure that the [Album Artist] field is the same for all tracks in one album.

Or you could add a custom list type field for the artists you would like to see, [Preferred Artists] for example, and group by that field. You can populate your custom field by selecting all files in your library and write "=[Artist]" (without the ") in the custom field in the tag action window (if you have the Save in file tags option checked for the custom field, it may take a long time because each file on the hard disc has to be updated). Then you can go through your list of [Preferred Artists] and just delete the entries in that field for the artists you would not like to see in your "master" list.

If you use something other than the fields [Artist] or [Album Artist (auto)] you will not see artist images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up