INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone used a Raspberry Pi for audiophile music reproduction?  (Read 6119 times)

jaypeecee

• Recent member
Anyone used a Raspberry Pi for audiophile music reproduction?
« on: December 29, 2012, 09:55:49 am »

Hi folks,

Have any of you tried using the Raspberry Pi for playback of audiophile-quality music? It seems like an attractive idea if it can be done. I'd be looking to play 24bit/96kHz stereo FLAC files. Will J River MC run under the Linux OS? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

JPC
My digital music system is based around the Intel D2700MUD motherboard running Win 10 Home 64 bit. Output is fed from this to an asynchronous USB Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100. Music files are stereo 24bit FLAC up to 192kHz. I use J River MC version 21.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Anyone used a Raspberry Pi for audiophile music reproduction?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:52:34 pm »

MC doesn't run under Linux yet and if it did, its not going to run on a Raspberry Pi until its compiled to run on it. And even then, I don't expect it will run due to memory and cpu constrains. I think its a safe to say it will probably never happen.

I also fail to see how a raspberry pi could work in an audiophile setup, its the very cheapest, low end hardware on the market. But you know, I could be wrong wouldn't be the first time  ;D

jaypeecee

• Recent member
Re: Anyone used a Raspberry Pi for audiophile music reproduction?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 05:05:21 am »

Hi IM,

Thanks for your reply.

I just didn't want to miss an opportunity. If the Pi was up to the job, it would be worth getting to grips with it and Linux.

JPC
My digital music system is based around the Intel D2700MUD motherboard running Win 10 Home 64 bit. Output is fed from this to an asynchronous USB Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100. Music files are stereo 24bit FLAC up to 192kHz. I use J River MC version 21.
Pages: [1]   Go Up