INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple rip processes?  (Read 2486 times)

patricklang

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Multiple rip processes?
« on: December 30, 2012, 10:07:09 pm »

I just hooked up two 1394 drives to my machine, and am trying to get it to rip 2 CDs simultaneously on MC 17.0.189

I set each drive to the right mode (Secure), and set Concurrent Ripping Processes to 2.

When I put a disk in each drive and hit rip - it says multiple discs, and lists the total number of tracks of the 2 cds combined.  However, once ripping starts, only one drive works at a time.  Once the first drive completes, the second one starts ripping.

Is this expected?  If its a bug, please let me know if you can try a fix in 18.  I can switch to 18 if needed, but I wanted to get this looked into before changing anything.
Enjoying bit-perfect audio since Media Center 10!

Current 192k setup: SB Recon3d (using hdaudio.sys) -> SPDIF -> Emotiva XDA-1 -> Rotel RX-975 -> Event 20/20 v1
Headphone setup: Meta42 amp, AKG k501, AKG k271
Portable setup: Meridian Explorer -> Etymotic ER-4P with S adapter

patricklang

• Recent member
Re: Multiple rip processes?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 10:15:27 pm »

Ah, looks like I may have found something.

Max combined processes was greyed out, and set to 1.  If I uncheck "Encode concurrently with ripping," then I can set max combined processes to a higher number (6).  It's now ripping 2 cds at once

Current 192k setup: SB Recon3d (using hdaudio.sys) -> SPDIF -> Emotiva XDA-1 -> Rotel RX-975 -> Event 20/20 v1

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 11:35:46 am »

Good find.  This will be fixed in the next build:

1. Fixed: When rip/encode simultaneous was enabled in advanced rip options, MC would not always allow multiple audio CD's to be ripped concurrently.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

patricklang

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:17:52 pm »

Thanks for the update!  My stack of Plextors is ripping away.  I'll post on the MC18 forum if I run into more issues.

Simultaneous encode is preferable for me over separate processes because the CPU utilization is consistent.  I can still play games at a reasonable framerate while ripping discs in the background on my Core i5-3550.

Pages: [1]   Go Up