INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashes while changing visualizations while playing audio files.  (Read 1073 times)

Ardemus

• Recent member
Crashes while changing visualizations while playing audio files.
« on: December 31, 2012, 02:48:30 am »

I am running 18.0.94 on Win7 64 bit and I added a Peachtree audio iDac to my system via USB using the standard windows drivers.  I haven't really used Media Center for Audio before this.  I set JRiver to use the WASAPI output mode, as was suggested here.  While listening to audio files (mostly MP4, ALAC, and high bit-rate VBR MP3), I started playing with the visualizations.  I was running through the options, just looking at each one for a few seconds and then trying the next.  Media Center crashed over and over again while I worked my way through the lists.  It was very common when I selected something in Track Info.  In fact, I just opened JRiver, started a song, switched to Display mode, and selected the 2nd Track Info option to review the menu items I used and Media Center crashed immediately.  It hung, audio still playing and cursor showing the "Please Wait" cursor (traditionally an hourglass).  That is one of two typical crash morphologies.  I don't recall the details of the other one, but the audio did continue playing and there was no hourglass cursor. 

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Re: Crashes while changing visualizations while playing audio files.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:50:55 am »

Started a song, switched to Display mode, and selected the 2nd Track Info option to review the menu items I used and Media Center crashed immediately.  It hung, audio still playing and cursor showing the "Please Wait" cursor (traditionally an hourglass).  That is one of two typical crash morphologies.  I don't recall the details of the other one, but the audio did continue playing and there was no hourglass cursor. 

I have been experiencing something that sounds similar. I am running Win 8 with latest Beta (although it happens on stable version also).

I start music using Shuffle All and go to Display Mode. If I try to go back to Info screen the screen freezes and I am unable to do anything. The music continues to play.

Observation:
I have found if I Stop music prior to going back that everything is fine and no screen freeze. I also found that once frozen if I exit Theater View with the Close button on my remote that Media Center is still running and responsive. At this point I can open Theater View again and all works.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 01:33:50 pm »

There's a problem with the IE web browser engine.  It should be fixed in build 104 or newer.

Please let us know if your problem persists after the new build is available.

Sorry for the trouble.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ardemus

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:19:43 pm »

There's a problem with the IE web browser engine.  It should be fixed in build 104 or newer.

Please let us know if your problem persists after the new build is available.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thank you.

The 18.0.104 Media Center IE Web Browser Engine didn't crash during a good 10 minutes of fiddling with visualizations.  However, the same crashes do happen in the Chrome Engine.  I simply start an iTunes DRM Free M4A file in Full Screen Display View, right click, and selected a short sequence of Track Info visualizations.  The longest it's taken is about 15 changes, but it's usually within 2-5.  Music continues to play without issue, and will continue to the next track successfully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up