INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Bug? - Action Window > Tags  (Read 701 times)

Raimy

• Recent member
Possible Bug? - Action Window > Tags
« on: December 31, 2012, 10:21:39 am »

Hope you all had a Great Chrimbo.

Seems to me that the tags window behaves unpredictably as far as the values it will display, here's what i mean:

My custom "File Properties" field is a list type, and contains 20 odd values with no nesting going on. If i open this field in the Tags window i can see all the tags in this field, really handy for me to start clicking on files and choosing which values should be applied. Is this Video good quality? Tick. Is it Recorded in Fraps? Tick.

However for my custom "Tags" field which is identical apart from values obviously, it will open up with no values at all. Only when clicking on a file that has a value in this field will it show that value.

So one field shows all values in the field (regardless of what file is highlighted in the file list, the other shows values only if the file which is highlighted has those values already assigned.

Not sure if it's a Bug or im missing a finer point of how MC filters values. By the way all values in both fields are available to click in the Panes and also in the action window via the drop down.

Thanks for reading and Have a great new year :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Possible Bug? - Action Window > Tags
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 04:00:53 pm »

There's a threshold where we stop showing all possible values.

Here's the comment in the code:
// if there are a reasonable number of choices, show all the choices in the list to make working
// with short lists easier (i.e. yes/no, etc.); ordering and working with the lists gets
// too cumbersome when doing this for large lists (ie. 20,000+ actor list from a user library)
const int nShowAllThreshold = 50;

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Raimy

• Recent member
Re: Possible Bug? - Action Window > Tags
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 07:02:23 pm »

Indeed the list in question has more than 50 values so thanks for clearing that up for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up