INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VST Plugin stuck and causing crashes  (Read 1515 times)

Mr. Tuesdays

• Recent member
VST Plugin stuck and causing crashes
« on: December 31, 2012, 02:36:59 pm »

Hello Everyone. Happy New Year - soon!
I promise this is the last problem I'll report this year. :D

I was trying to use a VST plugin, but it's stuck now and causes MC17 to crash immediately when I try to do anything to it.  In fact, I can't get to the DSP settings at all, the plugin window pops up when trying to see the DSP settings and if I click on anything in that window, MC17 crashes.  As long as I don't open the DSP section, all works well. I've attached a screenshot of the plugin window. I've actually now removed the plugin .dll and it's still happening.

Is there something I can reset, like a preferences file?  I can't find one, or find any posts about a similar problem.  I've got the crash log, don't know what parts of it would be of use here.  Let me know and I'll post it.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: VST Plugin stuck and causing crashes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:53:11 pm »

Convolution is built into Media Center 17 and 18.  It's 64-bit, SSE accelerated, and automatically handles latency adjustment.  I would recommend using it instead of a third-party solution.

To get you unstuck, try removing the plugin entry using regedit.exe from here (just delete the child folder for the plugin causing problems):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JRiver\Media Center 18\Plugins\DSP
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr. Tuesdays

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 04:43:57 pm »

Thanks Matt, I'll give it a try and report back.

I wanted to try this one because it can take 2 stereo impluse files and mix them as I specify.  It's for a headphone HRTF thing (left ear, right ear).  If I could do that with the built in convolver, I'd be very happy.  Not seen a way to do it, tho.

Mr. Tuesdays

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 11:44:44 am »

Issue fixed.  ;D  The regedit did it.  Just deleted the registry folder for that plugin.
Thanks very much!

Now to figure out if I can do what I need with the JRiver built in convolver.  But that's for another thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up