INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Precessing while Rendering Through DLNA  (Read 950 times)

rickhunter

Audio Precessing while Rendering Through DLNA
« on: January 03, 2013, 05:25:16 am »

I have three questions regarding audio processing for DLNA. I have found similar topics in older posts but without any conclusive information. Besides MC have been updated several times in the mean time. Therefore expecting some concrete information on how MC behaves regarding DLNA in the following scenario-

i) I use WD TV Live as the DLNA rendering device and really interested in the prospect of using the Media Center to overcome some shortcomings inherent in it. My first question is regarding the new ADAPTIVE VOLUME feature of MC for video playback. If we have the adaptive volume turned on, and the volume leveling is also turned on in the DLNA setup page, and also the audio is set to always convert to an uncompressed format, then is the audio in the video file is also converted accordingly and sent through to the WD TV?

ii) My second question is with similar setup, but regarding playing the audio files through DLNA. As I have read in another post that volume leveling in audio files works perfectly with DLNA while set to always convert. But on the volume leveling section on the DSP setup page, there is also an option to apply a fixed gain of up to +18db. This gain is applied to compensate for the very low (though very correct to support wide dynamic range!) replay gain vaues. Now my question is while volume leveling through DLNA will this fixed gain be also applied? It's very important for me.

iii) Is there any possibility that we can ever use the full DSP studio with DLNA?
Pages: [1]   Go Up