INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 Stops responding [Solved]  (Read 1218 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
MC18 Stops responding [Solved]
« on: December 25, 2012, 07:27:46 am »

Merry Christmas all! Is there an issue where too much media causes problems with responsiveness in MC? When I first build a new MC., it runs fast and has no hiccups, but as I add more media, it slows down to the point of white-screening, almost every press of the remote. We are playing a video, I press escape to bring up standard view, and go up top to the stop button. When i click it the screen goes white (non responsive), the video keep playing. If I click again, it asks if I want to force MC to shut down. If I wait, it will stop the video and give me control, but it can take half a minute to return from "white screen". If I rebuild MC all is well until all the data is added. The straw that breaks it is the wifes collection of Audio Books. There is close the 750,000 files (according to MC) there. And after I add them, MC slows to a crawl. It is added as part of the "autoimport". Removing the files from MC and deleting the reference in Autoimport does not seem to fix the problem. Once the Audio books are added, it is hosed.
Would creating a NEW library just for her books help?

Thanks all!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC18 Stops responding
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 08:26:50 am »

That's an odd problem.  A virus checker could do that.  The "Weird Problems" thread in my signature has other possibilities.

Make sure you're using 18.0.103. 

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 08:42:54 am »

I thought I had the latest, it updates itself often, but... I have .94.
I will fix that now, re add the media and report back. Thanks for the tips.

I use the latest Norton Internet Security, default settings. Any known issue there?

Thanks

neeo1

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 10:06:42 am »

MC 18.0.103 consistently fails after a few hours, just sitting there doing nothing. When first launched it appears to be analyzing and updating the music library which is very large (> 6TB) located on other drives. After a while it freezes or closes and leaves a dialogue box stating it has closed unexpectedly. It does this every time consistently. I haven't even started using the program. It is too unstable to use. What can I do to find out what is going wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 11:05:10 am »

MC 18.0.103 consistently fails after a few hours, just sitting there doing nothing. When first launched it appears to be analyzing and updating the music library which is very large (> 6TB) located on other drives. After a while it freezes or closes and leaves a dialogue box stating it has closed unexpectedly. It does this every time consistently. I haven't even started using the program. It is too unstable to use. What can I do to find out what is going wrong?

Please use Help > Logging to get a log.  Then email it to logs at jriver dot com with a link to this thread.

We're closed this week, so it might be next week before you hear back.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 08:25:25 am »

Hi,
I wanted to close the loop on this one. installing the latest version fixed the problem with "not repsonding".
Thanks.
Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up