INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disk writer  (Read 526 times)

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
Disk writer
« on: April 12, 2002, 05:51:17 am »

Hi - I just started using Disk Writer and I notice a couple of issues and I have one suggestion.

Issue 1 - when the file being output has a "/" in the track name Disk Writcr creates the first part of the file name as directory and the characters after the slash as the file name within it.

Issue 2 - Disk Writer doesn't seem to like processing and correctly writing the last track in a playlist. It creates a small file with the same name as the first file in the playlist.

Suggestion - I'm using Disk Writer because I want to create a cross faded CD so adding the playing now seq. # to the file name would help keeping the files in order.
Namaste,
John

ZRocker

RE:Disk writer
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 05:57:20 am »

My suggestion too:

Auto-disable the Continous playback option (just ignore it) as it makes no sense with the Disk Writer (unless you really want to just fill up a hard-disk!).

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2002, 06:08:00 am »

ZRocker - I'm pretty sure continuous was off. DW simply wrote out the wrong (corrupt) file.
Namaste,
John

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2002, 08:37:49 am »

John,

My suggestion is to Matt (JRiver)...been requesting that 'feature' for a while now as I've had Continuous ON (normally) and it makes no sense and causes me grief (when I forget to turn it off for Disk Writer operations).
Pages: [1]   Go Up