INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dealing with Bands (or Artists) that start with "The"  (Read 2154 times)

gakaudio

• Recent member
Dealing with Bands (or Artists) that start with "The"
« on: January 06, 2013, 06:31:30 pm »

Hi All,

Question may have been addressed before but couldn't find it. I am struggling with getting media center 17 to display Band names the way I want. Specifically, I want bands such as “The Black Crows” or “The Black Keys” to be listed under the letter B when I sort alphabetically. Therefore, for media center to show the “The” but to disregard it when determining the alphabetic priority. I hope this is clear. iTunes does this automatically I believe and I assume that media center 17 can as well provided I give it the proper instructions.  Thanks for your help, Garth

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Dealing with Bands (or Artists) that start with "The"
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 06:43:09 pm »

In Tools/Options, there is a search window at the bottom.  Search for "articles".

vagskal

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 06:43:16 pm »

There is an option to ignore "the" when sorting. I think you can find it in options if you search for "ignore" (otherwise search for "the").

vagskal

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 06:43:53 pm »

Jim beat me to it by seconds.

gakaudio

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 06:49:02 pm »

Wow, That was a very fast and helpful reply. Thanks a lot for addressing my question. I am an imediate fan of this forum.

Thanks, Garth

rjm

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 12:35:59 am »

Wow, That was a very fast and helpful reply. Thanks a lot for addressing my question. I am an imediate fan of this forum.

Thanks, Garth

What's really cool, which you may not know, is that Jim is the company founder, is retired, and answered your question 2 minutes after you posted it on a Sunday.

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 09:05:47 pm »

You know when some smartypants snipes about using the search function of the board?  Well, I was about to give up because I'd been trying every possible permutation of searching for how to do exactly what the OP asked...when I finally stumbled upon this thread.  Shouldn't this be posted in the FAQ?  I'd imagine that there are a lot of new users that must ask exactly this question...

Thanks!
THAT's what I'm talking about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up