INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding cover art when ripping CD not working correctly  (Read 1011 times)

kgosfm

• Recent member
adding cover art when ripping CD not working correctly
« on: January 07, 2013, 08:54:55 pm »

Hey there... I'm having issues whenever I rip a CD (in flac mode), the cover art isn't in the folder with the audio files.  I add it before ripping the cd, but it doesn't show up in the folder.  This is rather frustrating because it used to work fine before MC18.  I went to Tools > File Location > Cover Art > Audio Mode > In the same folder as file.  I also checked "Also store image in the file's tag".  I can add the cover art in the "Recently Ripped" folder just fine, but that seems like double work.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks for your help....

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: adding cover art when ripping CD not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 01:41:28 am »

I believe cover art for the CD and for the ripped files from the CD are two different things.

Try ripping the CD, and either having MC do a cover art lookup automatically, or adding cover art *after* ripping the CD, but add it/have MC lookup by using the ripped tracks, not the .cda CD files.

I haven't found much use for associating cover art with the physical media, as once ripped, they are rarely re-inserted into the tray.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up