INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output Format Profiles - Move Center to Front L/R  (Read 1155 times)

tgarratt

• Recent member
Output Format Profiles - Move Center to Front L/R
« on: January 08, 2013, 09:41:39 am »

Hi!

Firstly, MC is so brilliant, and I recommend it to everyone. I'm a .net developer and it amazes me the amount of stuff you cram into this software.

I have three issues, but I'll discuss the title one here and leave the other two for later posts:

1. Crash on resume from sleep or...
2. Crash from lengthy pause (my Sony 3200es "blue decode light" goes off after 10 mins or so, then MC hangs on resume)
3. Move center to front L/R option, would be good if that applied "To stereo sources only" just like the 2.1 mix option above it

This would be solved "easily" with input path profiles (which I believe was on the todo list for v18).

The crashes are probably related to drivers. I've tried logging but nothing weird is showing in the logs.

Is there another option here or has that feature slipped to v19?

Thanks, Tom

tgarratt

• Recent member
Re: Output Format Profiles - Move Center to Front L/R
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 10:17:13 am »

Hang on....

ZoneSwitch might be (read: is) the answer!

Next time, I'll rtfm :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 10:27:28 am »

First, thanks for the kind words.

3. Move center to front L/R option, would be good if that applied "To stereo sources only" just like the 2.1 mix option above it

I'm not sure I understand because with a stereo source, there is no center to move to the front L/R.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 10:32:29 am »

I'm glad you figured out ZoneSwitch, but at first I couldn't figure out how a stereo source has a center?  ;D I guess you want to use JRSS with a stereo source but don't want the center mixed in. In this case, the option actually leaves the front speakers the same and matrixes the surrounds which makes it even more brilliant.

Edit: Ha, I think I might have understood better than Matt for once.  :)

tgarratt

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 11:04:57 am »

Thanks guys! Yes mojave that's right, I didn't make that clear, but you've figured it out.

When JRSS upmixes to 5.1, I'd like to avoid the centre speaker as it sounds weird. Looking forward to setting up some zones on the htpc when I get home, can't believe I didn't see that feature before!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 11:25:52 am »

When JRSS upmixes to 5.1, I'd like to avoid the centre speaker as it sounds weird. Looking forward to setting up some zones on the htpc when I get home, can't believe I didn't see that feature before!

Then I think the existing option to mix to 2.1 should work well for you.

You might also want to calibrate your speaker levels, because the JRSS center with music should blend well without shifting the focus to the center much (as mojave said, the front L/R remain unchanged with music).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up