INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Delay and AVI PAL 25hz problem  (Read 882 times)

Gedeon

• World Citizen
Audio Delay and AVI PAL 25hz problem
« on: January 08, 2013, 10:52:09 am »

I'd purchased a license of MC a few months ago and I've been able to solve most issues until now. A month ago I've got a new display, wich is able to display 24hz material without problems.

But now I'm stuck with two annoying problems.

Issue 1) Sound delay too high.

I think that with version 18.0.68 no significant delay was added but in the last versions a delay in video material is so significant that I've to offset it with +350 ms in advanced section of video settings. It's a solution but I don't like it.
         Another issue (perhaps related with this) is that now the loopback function for video material (like videogames and analog input from my TV) now is unusable. The delay is really high.

I'm using analog output with asio since the first day, some parametric equalizer settings and room correction. No convolver or other features that could add a delay.

Issue 2) Judder for 24hz material encoded as 24hz

I've PAL material recoded from 24 to 25 hz so with videoclock enabled MC tries to render the content at 24hz, but the content is 25hz coded.

I've set up the display frequency to 24hz when 23.976 or 24 hz material is played. No problems with Blurays, DVD's and MKV's but with AVI containers there are problems and every second or two a very visible judder sync frame is dropped. It seems that is a splitter or decoder issue so AVI's source are rendered at incorrect speed or there is some kind of sync problem in the splitter/decoder/renderer chain.

I've been making test with ROHQ and Custom settings, enabling/disabling videoclock... No solution found til now.

Any help will be useful.
Thanks in advance.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Audio Delay and AVI PAL 25hz problem
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:00:18 pm »

Try changing ROHQ to RO Standard and see which of the above problems remain (just as a diagnostic test).

Gedeon

• World Citizen
Re: Audio Delay and AVI PAL 25hz problem
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:41:45 pm »

With RO Standard the behaviour is the same. I'd already tested. I think that the sync/judder problem probably is related with the avi splitter, not the render and the delay problem with splitter or with the audio path.

Pages: [1]   Go Up