INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burning tracks out of order  (Read 889 times)

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
burning tracks out of order
« on: January 09, 2013, 12:05:11 am »

can anyone tell me why the CD I burned from a single directory plays #6-13, then 1-5?  I dragged them all to the burn box on the MC screen.

The directory lists them in the proper order:
Les Mis-01.At the End of the Day.flac
Les Mis-02.I Dreamed a Dream

Les Mis-06.Confrontation.flac
Les Mis-07.Castle on a Cloud
etc
Problem doesnt seem to be in the naming - they are all consistent. Not alphebetizing the tracks.
What am I doing wrong?
thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: burning tracks out of order
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 12:11:24 am »

Where are they playing in the peculiar order?  An external CD player?  In MC?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 07:41:13 pm »

peculiar order is on external cd player - when i create a playlist from the disc or from the subdirectory, I see two numbers for each track - the first number (is it a tag of some sort?) is in the order the songs actually play. The second number is the name of the file as shown by windows.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:07:18 pm »

When you burn an Audio (Redbook) CD, the tracks are played back in the order they are placed on the disc.  Track numbers are meaningless here.

When you burn a Data CD, then the files you burn to the disc are just data files, and the playback system will decide the order of playback.  These files often would include track numbers to help the user or player to determine a playback order.

The numbers you see in MC's Burn disc area are the Sequence number and other metadata such as Track #, Artist, Album, etc.  When you add the tracks, be sure they are added in the sequence order you want them to play back.  Then, examine the Seq(uence) column to see if they are in the correct order.  I don't see a way to re-order this burn list, so you'll have to get them order by the way you add them.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up