INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem: MC18 (v78) blank screen playing Video_ts DVDs under ROHQ  (Read 1522 times)

TorqW

• World Citizen

Standard Red October causes no problem.

When ROHQ selected, audio still works but the screen is blank. I can still right-click though and see the familiar options. It even shows that MadVR is the selected renderer.

Only DVDs are effected - everything else plays fine...and looks great.

Using MC18 under Win7 on a Core i7 and HD4000 graphics.

Anyone else experience this - any suggestions at all?
Thanks again
TW

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Re: Problem: MC18 (v78) blank screen playing Video_ts DVDs under ROHQ
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:26:43 pm »

I had a similar problem, with same hardware configuration.  I found that turning off Hardware Acceleration solved the problem.  Now DVD's play as well as Blu-ray.

TorqW

• World Citizen
SOLVED: MC18 (v78) blank screen playing Video_ts DVDs under ROHQ
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 03:43:45 pm »

Craig - thanks for the tip. You're 100% correct.
Can play everything again.

Solved.

hellajon

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 06:46:59 pm »

I am having the same problem, but reversed.  When using Standard Red October, DVD playback produced blank screen with audio.  With ROHQ selected, all formats playback fine.  I have not tried to disable Hardware Acceleration yet.  What are the benefits of having hardware acceleration enabled? Will there be any decrease in MC performance with this option disabled?  

Edit: I should mention, this started happening after I updated to MC version 18.0.106.

hellajon

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 10:09:01 pm »

I tried playback with hardware acceleration disabled. DVDs now play, but the video borders shake slightly during playback, and the video lags/stutters. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 07:21:49 am »

I don't know about the border problem.  Try videoclock in MC for lip sync.

An i7 should handle ROHQ fine, but the description sounds like it isn't.  Virus program?

hellajon

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 03:24:36 pm »

Just a follow up: Video quality suffered considerably with hardware acceleration disabled, so that what not an option.  Running ROHQ in MC17 fixed the problem, as everything plays fine with no lag/stuttering, but I prefer to use MC18.  ROHQ in MC18 however does not run smoothly, and I have lag/stuttering when watching videos.  I switched from using madVR to Halali for video rendering and my problems went away.  So it seems there is an issue with my system and madVR that just recently started.  I have a GeForce GT420 graphics card with the most up-to-date drivers from nvidia.

I am curious why ROHQ in MC17 plays fine, but not ROHQ in MC18.  What changes were made in the new version?  It seems MC18 is more hardware intensive. 

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 04:21:50 pm »

A GT420 is a really slow card, you should check the madVR configuration and reduce the scaler options to "Bilinear", i believe madVR has recently changed its defaults settings to slightly higher quality scalers.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

hellajon

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 12:49:40 pm »

Where do I go to configure madVR?  I was looking for a configuration utility and could not find one.  I agree, the GT420 is definitely a budget card.  It did what I needed before madVR changed settings, but it looks like I will need to pick up a new GPU to get the best quality playback.  Thanks for the response!

Edit: Found the settings!   I will test this out tonight.  Thanks again for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up