INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 can't see my ipod classic 80GB  (Read 3129 times)

eliwankenobi

• Recent member
MC18 can't see my ipod classic 80GB
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:58:20 pm »

Hello

After I updated to MC18, it cannot detect my ipod classic 80gb.

Whenever I click to detect devices it does not see it. itunes can see it and I can see the files directly on the ipod, but not JRiver as it used to do.

Please help

EAD

Re: MC18 can't see my ipod classic 80GB
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 05:33:37 pm »

Just echoing the issue. I have an 80Gb iPod and an iPhone4 and neither can be seen so I am still stuck with iTunes as a player. Would like to rersolve this as otherwise MC is great (still on trial).

sdaughtry

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 10:53:34 pm »

I also have this same problem.. currently exporting my playlist to a hard drive folder, and then probably forced to use MediaMonkey or iTunes to transfer the files (after having to clean up the MP3 tags again that don't import properly)... this is becoming a REAL hassle for me... this iPod has been around for several years now... why does this bug still exist?

sdaughtry

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 11:34:31 am »

FIXED! When looking at other posts on this forum I came across a topic post that stated something to the effect that "Apple recommends that iPods be assigned drive letter "E" when connected to the PC. I changed around my drive letter assignments, forced Windows 8 to assign drive letter "E" to the iPod, and with the iPod already connected I then started MC18 - FIXED!

Sapagrino

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 01:04:20 pm »

This is very good news!  When you change the rating on the iPod, does it sync back to JMC?  Thank you.

sdaughtry

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 08:08:07 pm »

Good evening from Albuquerque,

I only assign ratings from within MC18 - I build playlists for all of my songs that from within MC18 I have assigned a 5 star rating, and when I sync I only migrate over the 5 star songs (and their associated playlists).

Before I shuffled around my drive letter assignments, the iPod wouldn't show up in MC18/MC19 - I could easily see it from within iTunes or Mediamonkey.

HTH,
Scott

Sapagrino

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 06:28:08 am »

Good evening!  Would you mind doing a little test for me?  If you change the rating on your iPod for one track from 5 stars to 4, and sync back, does that change the rating in JMC?  I have been unable to get either JMC or Media Monkey to accomplish this.  Thank you.

Sapagrino

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 11:34:19 pm »

If you change the rating on your iPod for one track from 5 stars to 4, and sync back, does that change the rating in JMC?

Yes, in case anyone is interested, I have gotten this to work.  Change on 160GB iPod Classic set as E: Drive syncs (via JMC) rating change (to MP3 cached file on iPod)....back in JMC to corresponding FLAC top stack file and (nearly) the entire stack of other formats. 

Looking forward to customizing ratings on my collection durîng the commute as I listen...  Very nice. 

Would be nice if my upcoming Pono can do this too--changed rating on device syncs back to JMC library.  Does anyone know if it will?

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up