INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idea: Right-Click search option  (Read 1574 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Idea: Right-Click search option
« on: January 11, 2013, 11:02:56 am »

The right-click search options in web browsers are incredibly helpful to me. They cut several steps from the process for searching highlighted text.

I'd like to see this feature in JRiver. A search option in the right-click menu (at the root level or under Locate) that would search for the contents of the cell under the cursor would instantly become one of my most heavily used features. I often search song titles to see all the versions, as search is more thorough than Locate -> Name. This is mainly because there are often versions of a track with additional text in the Name (single, live, etc) that don't appear using Locate.

As always, thanks for consideration.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Idea: Right-Click search option
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 11:23:08 am »

Do you mean right-click to search MC database, or do you mean right-click to search the Web ?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 12:15:09 pm »

+1

Wig means Search (via the Locate) mechanism.

Something like Locate > Current Item, which would simply enter the text under the cursor into the Search area, leaving it not restricted to a field (i.e. applies the fuzzy matching).  There would have to be some reasonable character length limitation.

A keyboard shortcut would also be nice - essentially auto-entering the cell's contents into Search.  This would be much easier than the required existing key sequence:

F2 - Ctrl-C - Escape - Ctrl-F - Ctrl-V
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 01:11:04 pm »

A keyboard shortcut would also be nice - essentially auto-entering the cell's contents into Search.  This would be much easier than the required existing key sequence:

F2 - Ctrl-C - Escape - Ctrl-F - Ctrl-V

Bingo. This is the key sequence I'm constantly repeating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up